The 1/35 Moebius Jupiter 2 has been Completed!

This past week I built up the interior and completed all the lighting and routing of wires. The hull was then assembled and I built a battery box to hold the batteries. I disguised the batter box as the “Fusion Core Emergency Recharge Unit” and even detailed it with homemade decals of warning signs and photo etch handles and a lift ring. This project was an interesting change from doing military aircraft. Moebius did a decent job with the kit instructions. They even have little helpful notes to aid in assembly. The only thing I would change on the instructions would be to organize the painting instructions better. Some of the minor assemblies painting notes are scattered within the assembly instructions. Some of the parts required some clean up due to mold marks. The kit decals had two issues. The green radar screens were smaller than the area where they go and the astro-contol station gauge ring decal was thick and cracked easily. Since the assembly fits inside a clear dome the thicker decal was hard to get in correctly. I ended up making my own which made it a lot easier to assemble. The Moebius light kit was ok. I changed the landing bays lighting and made mounts for some of the LED’s as the instructions wants to mount them by their wires and “floating” the LED into position. For the accessories, The Tenacontrols remote control board works very well and is easy to wire up with the enclosed instructions. The Starling sound board works well. It would be nice if they could add a power supply input so that you can use a different source beside the batteries. Using a different power source changes the input impedance which changes the timing of the sound causing the cycle to reset way too early. The resin figures of the Robison family were excellent. Clean up was easy and the figure details were great. I did not use the extra decals. The colors used on the decals seemed off and the resolution of the print was too low for what I prefer. Many of the panels looked much better painting them. Overall it was an interesting build and not as complicated as I first thought. I hope you all have enjoyed this project. Thank you for following along. Happy modeling!

Check out the video in my build log of the final operation of the electronic features.

You can see all photos and details from start to finish in my build log at: 1/35 Jupiter 2 – Lost in Space

Interior final light check 5

Leave a Reply

%d
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close